Whenever an online visitor clicks on a website, the primary factor considered by that visitor is design & layout of the website. More appealing is the design of the website, the greater is the possibility of optimized traffic on it. In order to make the look of a website much better, the themes are of highly importance irrespective of the platform on which that particular website has been built. Due to this reason, Drupal theme development has become a crucial process that helps a lot in creating the eye-tempting designs. A team of innovative Drupal web developers always keep themselves busy in creating attractive themes for the website.
How to build a Drupal theme?
The importance of the themes is known to everyone from a team of web designers & developers to the potential visitors. In fact, Drupal theme development process is a key part of a fully-functional and an appealing web design. A Drupal theme can be created by considering the three ways as listed below:-
- Starter theme
All the above-mentioned ways have their own advantages, so their selection depends on ease of use by the developers. Let’s start a brief description about all of them.
- Starter themes: It is also one of the great ways opted for Drupal theme development. A starter theme helps to meet the exact expectations regarding design. The major benefit of starter themes is that direct changes can be observed in the theme as you add or remove the code.
- Sub-themes: Sub-themes are also widely used to begin the process of theme development. It is basically a package of zipped files consisting basic configurations that help a lot in the Drupal theme development. Necessary changes can be made to the name and other settings according to the requirements. Once the changes have been done, proceed with customizing jQuery and CSS. Override code in a sub-theme and is placed inside the base themes.
An overview of steps for creating custom themes
An overview of basic steps required for creating custom themes are summarized as follows:-
- Create a HTML and CSS file.
- To describe the basic information about theme, also create an .info file.
- File names should be according to the Drupal standards.
- In the template files, relevant variables should be inserted.
- For blocks and nodes, additional template files are required.
Drupal theme development process is a series of several crucial steps and the various approaches in this regard are: scratch, starter themes and sub-themes. Responsive Blog is an example of a Drupal 7 theme and includes the features such as high response & mobile-friendly.
Just click to reach Our Contact Us page for placing your Queries or visit to the FAQ page to clear all the doubts.
Posted By – Drupal Web Development Team